Pretty much none of the fiber I showed you last week still looks like it did in those pictures. I spent a couple of evenings over the course of the week playing with the drumcarder that Sarah left at my house on Sunday, and now I have these:
Somewhat varied blends of the onion-dyed fiber. There's a bit more than will fit in an 8x6x16 plastic bag. (The three bits that are at least partly in this picture are more-or-less representative samples.)
One green batt, resting on the carder. This stuff fits more comfortably in that size bag.
I had hoped to start spinning the freshly-blended wool this weekend, but my hands have been sticky with aloe gel for most of the time I've been home last night and today. I went hiking yesterday with some of my labmates, and it was great, but my shoulders are now bright pink. *sigh* Back to slathering myself with aloe...